Tuesday 8 March 2011

7 March

The dilemma of "it's too far to ride": it doesn't have to stop you riding your bike.  Try driving half way or part of the way to your destination, take your bike out the car, and ride the rest of the way.

Brilliant!  That's what I did today to get to Beachmere.  I put the bike in the car (a bit more difficult these days with a baby seat), drove to Caboolture, and cycled back and forth to Beachmere from there.  Half an hour there, 25 minutes back to Caboolture, courtesy of a sea breeze at my back.

The dilemma of shoes: does a cyclist have to carry a pair of heavy ol' boots in their back pack?  This cyclist says no.  I bought a pair of good quality, leather Timberland shoes that looks good with mountain bike pants, and looks dressy enough to go with jeans.  Generally, that's all I need.

Goodness, this is starting to sound like a fashion blog.  How to accesorise with your bike ....

No comments:

Post a Comment