Sunday 6 March 2011

March 6

It was Clean Up Australia Day today.  Appropriate, probably, that I cycle to the CUAD events at Deception Bay - contributing to a cleaner environment in two ways.

So I traipsed through the mud and marshes of the Deception Bay Conservation Park, filled up bags, and dragged them back.

Smeared with a film of mangrove mud and the attendant fragrance, I then cycled to the Deception Bay Guides AGM.  Luckily, most people at the AGM had also filled bags with rubbish from the foreshore, so they forgave my odour (I think).

I had a flashing sensation of pleasure today on the bike, as I cycled outwards.  Riding down the hill to Burpengary Creek, I felt the cool breeze of an autumn morning for the first time this year.  The seasons are about to change, and it's a sensation I would not have experienced in a car.

And it was a satisfying feeling on the cycle homewards, when I used up my left-over energy and pedalled as fast as I could.  I arrived home sweaty, smelly, but with a feeling of exercise-induced satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment