Thursday 3 March 2011

March 1

Here's a good idea: to promote National Bike Week, I will attempt to ride to work every day during March.  Bike Week itself is from March 12 to 20.

I'm encouraging people to use their bike more often, so I need to lead the way.  I don't think I will have a perfect record, but I will persevere and try my best.

So: if you want to ride your bike more often, here's some tips.  First is to get used to planning ahead.  I mean days ahead.  No good just getting up and charging off.  More on this later.

Second is to get some decent bike riding clothes.  If eye-popping lycra is not to your taste (nor of those who wish to see you), go to your local outdoorsy-adventure store and buy a pair of mountain bike pants.  These look like board shorts, but have the necessary padding.  And get a couple of light, active wear shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment