Saturday 5 March 2011

March 4

Q: What happens if it rains when you are riding a bike?
A: You get wet.
Addendum:  You get dry again.

It's one of the reasons why some avoid riding.  They say, "Oh I can't possibly ride my bike.  I might get wet".

Yeah, I did get wet today.  It rained as soon as I left the house.  It stopped as soon as I got there.

Never mind: with preparation , you can minimise sogginess.  Get a rain cover for your bag.  Did I mention bike riders need a good quality back pack?  Take a change of lightweight clothes, including, as I found today, spare socks and a small sports towel.

Yeah, I did get wet, but yes, I did dry off.  The lighter, activewear clothes have got good evaporation qualities, especially if you get a bit of speed up.  All I needed was an extra ten minutes to change when I arrived.

The worst bit was getting back into damp clothes for the ride back home.

The compromise for the day was that I did in fact drive out to Beachmere in the morning.  Perhaps the well-timed rain burst was punishment enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment